The Cache Creek Ridge Ride is put on by the Stalley family on BLM lands west of the town of Williams. It is a scenic ride through golden oats, greek oak trees, and rippling creeks. There are beautiful vistas of the surrounding mountains as well as Cache Creek and Bear Creek below. There are creek crossings as well as water troughs along the way. The footing is quite good and weather can range from 70 degrees to the high 90's.
Dr. Rob Lydon, DVM, Head Vet Dr. Leroy Burnham, DVM
Dr. Anne Williams, DVM Dr. Melinda Newton, DVM
Dr. Noel Mueller, DVM Dr. Jamie Kerr, DVM
Dr. Jamie Kerr and Dr. Jerry Long at the pre-ride meeting.
1. Dogs must be under control at all times.
2. Trash goes into a bag that is tied off. Your tied off bag goes into the maroon trailer. Please don’t make us pick up your gnawed on chicken wings out of our trailer when we have to secure the trash. We put the trailer there as a courtesy to you to help you out.
3. No camp fires.
4. Weed-free or local hay only.
5. No sponging out of water troughs.
6. You may get your horse into any of the ponds or creeks for drinking or cooling off. If you find an old style size 2 Easyboot, that’s probably ride management’s and we’d love you forever for returning it!
7. Use caution on two-way traffic trails. Also, give your fellow rider and nice tip of the helmet and say hello. You might need her/his Easyboot in a minute.
8. Be polite and cheery with all of the volunteers.
9. Use your brain. First think, would an idiot do this thing? If an idiot would, do not proceed doing that thing.
10. Never, under any circumstances, tell someone else where you think they’re supposed to be. By the time you’ve “figured out” where they should be you are off your own course. We have a lot of events running simultaneously. Pay attention to yourself and your ribbons.
L to R: Diane Taylor, Dr. Jerry Long, Pam Stalley, and Dr. Wally Lieberman at the Judge Davis Vet Check.
Registration Opens: 1 pm
Vet In Starts: 4 pm
Ride Meeting: 7 pm
50 milers start at 5:30 am.
25 milers start at 7:30 am.
Dinner begins: 2 pm
25 Miler: 2 pm
50 Mile Awards: 5:30 pm
Lunch and Dinner provided on Saturday.